Welcome to Solo Travel

I've had the itchy feet for travelling for a while now, but it can be an impossible feat to find a travel buddy between study and work commitments - so I decided just to go myself.

The luxury of solo travel is that YOU are totally in charge - you can go wherever you want, whenever you want. Sounds great, right? No need to drag hungover pals out of bed at the crack of dawn only to have their moaning ruin the majesty of whatever glorious landmark you've humphed 500-odd miles to see.

The double-edged sword here is that you're TOTALLY in charge, and if you haven't taken the time to make a proper travel plan then you're going to spend much of your fabulous micro-gap experience stressed out of your tree as you've nowhere to sleep tonight.

Luckily, getting your itinerary sorted is made simpler with a great range of apps and websites that do all the heavy lifting for you - and this blog aims to bring all that info together as well as answer all the questions you never knew who to ask.

For my first proper solo sojourn, I decided Interrailing was the way to go. If you haven't heard of Interrailing, it involves travelling throughout Europe using the train network, and it's named after the rail pass that allows you to do so. I love city breaks and my travel style is solidly "walking about and looking at things" - so what better idea than to smash about 10 different city breaks into one mega whistle-stop tour?

In my next few posts, I'll talk about why I chose Interrailing and how I planned my trip - which apps I used, which cities I picked, and how I decided best to use my time while away. So be sure to check back soon for more!

Comments

Popular Posts